Delivering Catholic Social Teaching through community services & public advocacy
23 November 2019 9:30am to 5:30pm
Thomas Carr Centre 278 Victoria Parade East Melbourne
$25. Concession card holders $10.00.
Conference chair Patrice Scales
Speakers 9:30am :
- Bruce Duncan Social Policy Connections : Cardijn’s vision of Catholic Social Ministry & his importance today.
- Greg Crafter chair National Catholic Education Commission : Lay formation through education & service.
- Robyn Miller CEO MacKillop Family Services : The role of Catholic organisations in protecting and supporting the poor and vulnerable.
- Christine Carolan National Executive Officer Australian Catholic Religious against Trafficking in Humans ACRATH : Social needs beyond traditional areas of health and social services.
Afternoon sessions 1:45-3:45 Parish Social Ministry.
Discussion 4-5:30pm, chaired by Patrice Scales : The priorities & promotion of Catholic Social Ministry.
- Denis Fitzgerald recent Executive Director Catholic Social Services VIC : Current and potential parish initiatives in social ministry.
- Elizabeth McFarlane National President of YCW : Engaging with people outside the parishes, especially by the YCW.
- Sarah Moffatt Plenary Council Executive Committee member : The potential for the Plenary Council to promote Parish Social Ministry.